From start to finish, the London Olympic games were an amazing display of strength, talent and perseverance. They also were an emotional ride for the athletes, crowds inside the venues and viewers across the globe.
Watching U.S. swimmer Nathan Adrian roar in the water after winning his first Olympic Gold medal in the men’s 100-meter freestyle.
Then watching him climb the stands to see his mother and toss her his bouquet. You can’t help but be moved.
“I love you, mom,” he said before going back to pose for photos with the other medal winners.
It’s then that you start to see these are more than superstar athletes. They are big kids living out their dreams.
“It’s pretty amazing seeing a 1 next to your name. I almost started crying in the water,” Adrian said after the race. “I kinda touched the wall and ‘Oh, sweet, I’ve won’ then there’s 10 to 15 seconds. Holy crap, this is the Olympics. I’ve been watching this since I was a kid.”
- michiko226 likes this
- shanyaaa reblogged this from nathanbdadrian
- shanyaaa likes this
- heeeymakarina likes this
- keelstakata likes this
- westryder-silverbullet likes this
- tresmeses likes this
- sayquoi likes this
- thisislia likes this
- s-epanouir likes this
- bandofbaboons likes this
- destruct0suzie likes this
- annathedirectioner reblogged this from nathanbdadrian
- annathedirectioner likes this
- thishumanmindwrotehistory reblogged this from nathanbdadrian
- thishumanmindwrotehistory likes this
- mischai9 likes this
- dearbritni likes this
- puhpuhpokerface reblogged this from nathanbdadrian
- puhpuhpokerface likes this
- another1dgirl likes this
- midnightcrumbs likes this
- potterheadforever0209 reblogged this from nathanbdadrian
- potterheadforever0209 likes this
- caoutchouctorus likes this
- andallthatjazz29 likes this
- petitewordplay likes this
- littlepony-adrian likes this
- forever-20-something likes this
- dancininseptember reblogged this from nathanbdadrian
- nathanbdadrian posted this