It was brief, but Nathan Adrian and his family met for the first time in London Saturday.
Though the Adrians were in London throughout the Olympic swimming event, they had no contact with the star swimmer. There was a moment of contact shared with America on NBC, when Nathan Adrian handed a bouquet to his mother in the stands after winning gold Wednesday, but other than that Nathan’s attention was solely on the pool.
But Saturday, after the conclusion of the six-day swimming event, the two-time Olympic gold and silver medalist from Bremerton met the group at a house the United States used has for athletes and their families.
“We gave him hugs and took a few (pictures),” Donella Curcio said via email. “We left him as an ‘orphan’ as he told us — with a sweet smile on his face.”
Curcio said her brother will be featured on the Today show on Monday and possibly Good Morning America later this week.
- noonesgonnaneedyoumoree likes this
- ebonyadrian reblogged this from nathanbdadrian
- feliciawantsapples reblogged this from nathanbdadrian
- feliciawantsapples likes this
- lilspoonproblems reblogged this from nathanbdadrian
- fauxbana reblogged this from nathanbdadrian
- catnizz likes this
- scoobydoobyd00 likes this
- lilspoonproblems likes this
- falllingwords likes this
- his7ory likes this
- melissawoong reblogged this from amanduuuur
- sha-ree-naa likes this
- amanduuuur reblogged this from nathanbdadrian
- amanduuuur likes this
- westcoast likes this
- eat-sleep-swim-fangirl-repeat likes this
- optimisticnancy likes this
- swimmershair-dontcare likes this
- myownlittlepinkworld reblogged this from nathanbdadrian and added:
- shannonchew likes this
- beforetheworstxo likes this
- sparklesinthesea reblogged this from nathanbdadrian
- falconfly likes this
- mercurysigns likes this
- nathanbdadrian posted this